NDC has been listening to input from our many diverse stakeholders as new resources are developed. NDC will offer online courses, host community events, work with state level agencies, attend conferences, and convene teams of national experts - all with the goal of providing you with timely, relevant, and rigorous information to support evidence-based decision making.
NDC staff will be attending, and presenting at, a variety of national, regional, and local conferences. You can find us at these upcoming conferences. We look forward to meeting you!
- Association of College Educators - Deaf and Hard of Hearing (ACE-DHH), February 2 - 8, 2017
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), February 21-24, 2017
- American Educational Research Association (AERA), April 27- May 1, 2017
- ADARA, May 22-24, 2017
- 2nd National Deaf Education Conference, June 22-24, 2017
- Association on Higher Education and Disability, (AHEAD), July 17 - July 21, 2017
- Southeastern Regional Institute on Deafness (SERID), Dates TBD.
NDC seeks to increase postsecondary success by leveraging evidence-based strategies that address root causes and systemic barriers. One approach is to engage with community members (like you!) in conversations on how we can work together to improve postsecondary outcomes. Through these events, NDC will collaborate with communities to identify promising practices, provide resources, and strengthen the networks that support deaf people and their families. This strength-based approach begins with dialogue and extends into action. NDC will also create mentorship opportunities for deaf youth in local communities. More information coming soon!