We invite community members to submit an application to host an Engage for Change | local event and follow-up activities in their community. This project is an ongoing commitment to investing in your local community.
Successful applications have the following elements:
- At least three applicants who are committed to working on this project.
- Commitment to involving deaf youth in project planning.
- Evidence of support from local organizations or programs.
- Strong understanding of how this project can benefit your community.
- Commitment to engaging in follow up activities and action plans.
Hosting an Engage for Change | local event involves extensive planning and follow up.
Expectations for the project:
The project requires time and commitment to make the event successful with follow up activities. To get an idea of what the team will be responsible for, please review the Timeline Document.
With a planning team and volunteers, the planning and time commitment expectations should not be asking you for more than a few hours per week.
NDC will support local planning teams throughout the whole process with the following:
- Training and guidance
- Materials and resources
- Stipends for core planning team
- Funding for events (access, venue, and refreshments)
- Summary reports of community discussions
- Technical assistance for follow-up activities
If you have any questions, please contact us here.
Note: We use the term deaf in an all-encompassing manner to include individuals who identify as Deaf, hard of hearing, hearing impaired, late deafened, and deafdisabled.