Creating Access: Campus Visitors
All postsecondary campuses, including community colleges, vocational training programs, and four-year universities, must ensure their programs, activities, and meetings are accessible to all visitors. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Orientation sessions that are open to family members
- Public speaking events advertised to the community
- Fine arts, theatre performances, career fairs, or other extracurricular activities
- College open houses and recruitment events
- Football games or other sporting events
This mandate also applies to any activities co-sponsored or hosted with an outside organization on campus. In these instances, it is prudent to work cooperatively to best ensure event accessibility that is effective and cost efficient.