Promote with us.
We are a small team that makes a big impact.
- 750,000+ people visited our website
- Our resources were downloaded 230,000+ times
- We provided individualized support to 2,000+ people
- Our online professional development courses have 17,000+ enrollments
- 5,000+ people played Deafverse, the world’s first ASL-accessible educational game
- More than 130 state leaders worked with us to change systems in their state
- 700+ community members participated in community conversations across the nation
- Countless colleges and universities improved their services for deaf students with our help
Learn more about NDC here.
Want to help us make an even bigger impact?
Here’s what you will learn about our team.
- People first, always. The people we serve, and the people on our team, matter.
- Community relationships and input drive our priorities.
- We make time for team building and collaborative decision making.
- Each person on the team is a valuable contributor to multiple projects.
- While we take initiative and work autonomously, we also rely on team support.
- We hold ourselves accountable for our work, our personal growth, and contributions to the team.
- Our team is committed to the ongoing work of dismantling systemic racism and oppression.
You also may want to know:
- Working with NDC means you are an employee with the University of Texas at Austin - and get all the perks of working at UT! Check out UT benefits and flexible work arrangements.
- Full time staff work 40 hour weeks between the hours of 8-5, with flexibility for your time zone and other commitments.
- Most positions are 100% remote, with the possibility of traveling to and/or working in the Austin office.
- Salary ranges for each position are available in the job post on the UT website.
- Contracts renew annually on December 31st.
- The job application process takes time - thank you in advance for your patience.
Our available positions are listed below. We also welcome resumes for future opportunities. To share your resume or inquire about an open position, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us at #TeamNDC!
Summer Project Support
We have openings for temporary support (June - August) on a range of summer projects. Summer projects will strengthen the products and services offered by the National Deaf Center. Projects include:
Administrative Support: online filing and organization of documents, resources, and assets
Content Development: Build and review content in in the following areas
accessibility practices for deaf students (e.g., accommodation policies and practices)
using technology to promote accessibility (e.g., settings, apps, practices, policies)
program implementation (e.g., grant writing, program evaluation, recruitment and outreach)
Resource Development: web searches for national and state-wide resources
Social Media Support: develop content for social media campaigns
All projects require timely completion, proficient use of technology, and a commitment to communicate with designated NDC staff. Some projects may require video presence. Opportunities are short term and will be assigned based on interest and skill of the candidate.
NDC has paid internships and research assistantships available - learn more here!