Promote with us.
Join NDC and make positive, meaningful changes!
Find out more about NDC, its mission and its team here. NDC is a fast-paced environment where we work together to meet time-sensitive milestones. Our approach to work is highly collaborative and we rely on our colleagues for support and feedback. The work may be demanding, but it is extremely rewarding. As an inclusive workplace, we believe our individual differences make our work stronger and relevant to our diverse stakeholders.
Our available positions are listed below. We also welcome resumes for future opportunities. To share your resume or inquire about an open position, email email@example.com. Come join us and work with a talented and motivated team!
Note: applications for the positions below will be reviewed in early January.
- Technical Assistance Specialist
- The purpose of this position is to provide content area support for technical assistance in areas related to the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA), particularly design and implementation of pre-employment transition services (pre-ETS). Awareness of the opportunities and challenges in successful implementation of programs and services in this area for deaf (broadly defined, including students with multiple disabilities) individuals is a must. Technical assistance at NDC ranges from resource development, training sessions, content for online coursework, and responding to stakeholder inquires. We seek to use data-driven and evidence-based approaches to resource development. The person in this position will need to be able to work independently on projects while maintaining a strong collaborative and team approach in engaging with stakeholders. Successful job performance requires strong professional, organizational, and communication skills. This position is a remote hire, at 40 hours per week. Click here for the full job posting and to apply.
- Content Development Specialist
- The purpose of this position is to provide writing and editorial support to a range of written products across NDC. NDC has a strong foundation in creating evidence-based products that promote postsecondary success for deaf individuals. NDC translates technical content into accessible and user-friendly formats including tip sheets, website copy, newsletters, white papers, conference proposals, presentation slides, and so forth. The content development specialist is responsible for writing, editing, updating, and revising documents as needed, with content support from staff and consultants. The specialist works in tandem with the resource team lead on the progression of content through the resource development pipeline. The specialist will be responsible for onboarding content writers, supporting content creation, and polishing final production. A successful NDC content development specialist will have strong organizational skills and work effectively with external experts and NDC team members in a collaborative and constructive manner. This position is a remote hire, at 40 hours per week. Click here for the full job posting and to apply.
- Marketing Specialist
- The purpose of this position is to provide marketing support for web-based communications of NDC work and products. NDC produces resources that translates technical content into accessible and user-friendly formats. The marketing specialist will work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to support timely and effective integration of new resources and activities into the NDC website and communication platforms. This position will provide support for the maintenance and improvement of NDC’s website, with the guidance of website developers. Experience with Drupal content management system or willingness to learn is a plus. A successful marketing specialist will have strong organizational skills, proofreading skills, careful attention to detail, and be able to work within short turnaround times and manage information across multiple sources. This position is a remote hire, at 20 hours per week. Click here for the full job posting and to apply.
- Data Management Specialist
- The purpose of this position is to provide database management support and customer service on a range of NDC projects. For example, NDC uses Canvas, an e learning management system, as the foundation for the delivery of online course content. This position will support the data management related to enrollment, course completion, report generation, and data entry for participants in the online learning courses. NDC also manages a dashboard for collecting data from students at different participating school sites. This position will support school registration, manage student login and passwords, report generation, and troubleshooting areas for improvement. This position requires strong communication, organization, time management skills. The individual must be detail oriented and able to work independently. This position is a remote hire, at 20 hours per week. Click here for the full job posting and to apply.
*All open positions show a end date of December 31 of the current calendar year, due to funding schedules. However, positions are expected to renew through December 31, 2021.
Internship opportunities are also available in Austin, Texas, at the University of Texas at Austin campus. Our staff have expertise in research, writing, program management, media development, marketing, event planning, interpreting, and more! Whatever your goals, you will likely find mentors at NDC.
NDC interns can gain useful experience in:
- Event planning and design
- Preparing for meetings and greeting visitors
- Online research
- Data entry and management
- Graphic design
- Media development
- General office duties like scanning, copying, and organization
Who should apply? People who....
- Communicate well and get along with others
- Enjoy learning and are willing to ask questions
- Can think ahead and solve problems
- Take pride in doing careful, high-quality work
- Can commit to a set schedule of 8-12 hours a week for a semester
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.