Bringing States Together to Impact #DeafSuccess
This work is critical for systems change, and creates environments where people can thrive.
Tailored Solutions for Each State
State initiatives are guided by engagement with local stakeholders, research, best practices, and state data. Cross-state collaborative groups share strategies and receive NDC support at the annual two-day convening and throughout the year. State activities for deaf youth include:
- a summer camp focused on strengthening self-advocacy
- an online financial literacy course to develop independent living skills
- an internship fair to improve employment outcomes
2019 Convening Stories
Additional Resources for State Level Leaders
Take NDC's Online Learning Courses
- Self-Advocacy: The Basics Infographic
- Transition Planning Infographic
- Family Support for Deaf Teens
- College Readiness for Deaf Students
- Vocational Rehabilitation: An Introduction
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Understanding Service Options
Deafverse is a choose-your-own-adventure game created just for teenagers. In Duel of the Bots, players get to make their own choices, stand up for themselves, and build confidence and skills they can use in real life. It's free, and is offered in English and ASL. Learn more!
Learn about Self-Determination Inventory
Self-determination is about acting or causing things to happen in your life so that you can reach your goals. This video describes the three parts: decide, act and believe. Find out more about the Self-Determination Inventory here.